On this edition of The Literary Entrepreneur Podcast we talk with hybrid author and graphic designer, Shadress Denise. Shadress started her literary journey by independently publishing her first book, Disturbia. She has since been picked up by a publisher and in this interview we discuss some of the differences.
Podcast Show Notes
- How aspiring writers can get started on writing their first book
- Why she prefers working with a publisher instead of self-publishing
- Why it’s important for an author to consider various avenues for marketing his/her book
- We talk about outlining your book and how that process is not as “rigid” as some writers think
- Follow Shadress on Twitter at @ishadressdenise
About the Guest
Hailing from St. Louis, MO, Shadress Denise is a writer and graphic designer. Shadress Denise is a newly self-published author who has been writing poetry and short stories for over 10 years. She has earned her Bachelors in Graphic Design and is currently attending Lindenwood University to earn her Masters in Communications.
With such a strong passion for the arts, Shadress Denise has written five books of poetry and one novel. Disturbia; a collection of letters & poems and novel, Who Do You Love? that was recently released July 2014. Currently residing in St. Louis, Missouri, Shadress Denise is currently working on her book two of her series Who Do You Love. Visit her online at http://www.iamshadressdenise.com